This webinar covers strategies local governments can consider to procure renewable energy and support renewable energy market development, including power purchase agreements (PPAs), virtual power purchase agreements (VPPAs), community solar, and more. The webinar also cover how the regulatory landscape impacts the RE purchasing options available to a particular community and highlight case studies from local governments across the U.S. that have successfully implemented these strategies, including Arlington, Virginia and Denver, Colorado.
View Recorded WebinarDownload Webinar Slide Deck
- U-6: Provide residents with Community Choice Aggregation/Energy that includes solar PV as a power generation source.
- U-3a: Discuss community goals for solar PV, net metering, and/or interconnection processes with the local utility and explore areas for future collaboration. Compile summary and next steps in a memo.
- MDF-5: Install solar PV on/at local government facilities.
- CE-4a: Support or host a community-wide group purchase program (e.g., Solarize). Program must have occurred within the last 5 years.
- U-5: Launch and support a utility-provided community solar program.